Monday, January 4, 2010

Looking for work

Well, this is my first day to write a blog, I'm not sure how to begin but after the holidays I am back looking for a job. Since I am in a opthalmic tech. program that is what I am looking for.
I am 48 and female, so what fun that is. Although I think I am pretty good looking for my age and pretty darn smart, I think that intimidates those young 30 somethings, I guess they are afraid I will tell them what to do. Not a chance, I only give advice when it is asked for and am happy to help when I can. I am the same person I was 25 years ago, only older and wiser and had some heart wrenching experiences. I look at the jobs for professionals and know that older women could do any job if they have half a brain. Unless it is surgery, that takes expertise and I am not claiming to be able to do that. I do know that I have counseled so many free of charge in my private life and work life only didn't get paid for it. So maybe that will be my next vocation, as soon as I can find a position I will continue if I want to in the college circuit once again. Don't believe them when they say an education will get you that job! I chose from my heart and stayed home and raised my children and still have a few years before they are grown but was left by my husband because he thought he could have both worlds of other women and power. I have found myself laid off from my job and have little work experience so I begin again from sqare one ,but plan to work until the end of my life in one way or another. I am here to serve others because that is what makes my heart glad, only if employers really believed that!
That is all for my first blog, I have so much to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment